This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, April 9, 2007

TRAILER - "Halloween"

In the long list of films that are anticipated for no good reason, Rob Zombie's remake of "Halloween" is one of them...sadly. The teaser trailer for this sure-fire abomination has finally been released. I find this rather sad. John Carpenter's original "Halloween" was a slasher flick masterpiece. The most effective of its time...maybe ever. I hate slasher flicks, but Carpenter gave us a character that was so grounded in reality that it was hard to not believe Myers was "true" evil. (Unlike the endless sequels which gave us a character too supernatural to believe...) But the first film was fantastic. The second was pretty good too, even if that set up the series for a slow downfall.
Anyway, here's Rob Zombie's take on the masterpiece...



And sadly, I can see myself paying to see this... Why Carpenter would allow this is beyond me. August, it opens. (Why not open on Halloween?)

No comments: