This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Godzilla Returns! In 3-D!



Looks like Kerner Research and Development, who are former members under ILM, is beginning pre-production on Yoshimitsu Banno's "Godzilla 3-D". (Banno directed the controversial "Godzilla vs. Hedorah" in 1971. It's been argued as one of the very best and worst of the Godzilla series among fans. I vote for the "best" though.) Filming will start in Feburary of 2008 in New Mexico, Tokyo, Las Vegas and L.A. Hollywood 3D director Keith Melton is on board as well.
No word yet on when it will be released, but more news as it comes.
I don't know how I personally feel about this... I think Godzilla needs a longer rest actually. Furthermore, I've read over the basic story for Banno's film and I'm not sure I like it. When the storyline calls Godzilla, "Queen of the Jungle" you've got to tilt your head a bit. But maybe that's been corrected! Godzilla in 2008.

No comments: