This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What is the Governator Doing on the Set of T4?

WARNING: This MIGHT contain spoilers for the upcoming "Terminator Salvation."

I found this very interesting. If you look at the picture above I promise you your eyes will not deceive you. That is, in fact, Terminator 1, 2 and 3 star Arnold Schwarzenegger speaking with Terminator 4 star Christian Bale. "But why?" You ask.

According to inside sources, Arnold was there to lend his face and his voice. "Huh?" Exactly. Apparently Schwarzenegger's face was digitally scanned and will be digitally placed over the face of Roland Kickinger who will play the T-800. (Schwarzenegger's character from Terminator 1 and 2.) Similar technology to do this is being utilized for James Cameron's "Avatar" due next year.

Furthermore, Au-nold was at the studio for some ADR (additional dialogue recording) work. He will be lending his voice for the T-800 in the movie.

Again, none of this can be confirmed and I can't imagine it being announced any time soon. (Especially if it's a surprise.) It seems that director McG is doing all he can to make sure Arnold is involved in some way. Which is good. In my opinion a Terminator movie without Arnold is a sin, but if this is true/works well, I can see it being pretty cool.

I've recently had a change of heart concerning the "Terminator Salvation" project. Jonathan Nolan's (co-writer of "Memento," "The Prestige," "The Dark Knight") involvement in writing the film perked my excitement and looking at the project on a deeper level gives me a broader prospective on the potential it has. (Plus, Christian Bale is a bamf.) It could be really good. Really good. We'll see.

"Terminator Salvation" hits theaters May 22nd.

No comments: