This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Spider-Man 4" Not for Raimi?

Diretor Sam Raimi of all three Spider-Man films was recently interviewed about his involvment with the future of Spider-Man.

"If I can't find the right story that would work for me and that I could tell really well, I would like someone else to tell that story." Said Raimi. Sony Pictures is going to be making many more 'Spider-Man' pictures. I just don't know what [my] future holds yet. "But if it's a great story and Sony will bring me back to the screen, I would love to." Raimi continued, "I would still hope that Sony would offer it to me [to direct] first. But that is not my place to say; it would be more about if Sony decided not to go with me. If not, it would be really up to them to come to a solution [for me to still be involved as a producer]."

Despite all this Raimi has been brainstomring some villians for the next Spidey. "I would love to see Electro, Vulture, maybe the Sinister Six as a team," Said Raimi. "The Lizard is probably one of my favorite characters. But ['Spider-Man 4'] will probably have to start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain."

If Raimi goes, Dunst and Maguire have said they will too. So I suppose if Sony decides this threesome is too expesive, they may go with a different director and cast for the next set of Spidey adventures.

No comments: