This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Saturday, August 4, 2007

The "De2ent"

An obnoxious title for an upcoming sequel to quite possiblly the best horror thriller since "Alien" and "Jaws". You can probably tell alredy, I'm not happy with the idea. But yes, there is a sequel planned for my favorite horror film. "The De2ent" will not be helmed by the original film's director, Niel Marshall, but apparently he wants to have some creative power over it.

"I've got a few story ideas, they've got a few story ideas and we're just throwing them into the mix." says Marshall. "She [MacDonald the star of the first film] wants to continue the journey a bit more. As far as I'm concerned, there's only one way to take her character, she has to die. If we didn't kill her at the end of the first film, we have to kill her at the end of the second one. So, I don't know - I don't know where we stand yet. [It's] is a ways off."

I hope it's so far off that the production company forgets about it. It sounds like Marshall doesn't even want to do it. Frankly, there's no need for a sequel. there's nothing else to do in that movie. Just let it be the classic it is and don't add needless fluff to it.

No comments: