This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Casshern Comes to America!

I've been waiting a loooong time for this day! "Casshern," the 2004, Japanese sci-fi epic is finally coming to DVD!
The film shows the heart of the 21st century and the birth of the neo-cell-- A new scientific find that can reanimate humans. But the government uses it to create its own mutant soldiers for war. Ready to enslave mankind itself, the super soldiers are confronted by a new warrior, Casshern. The battle against mankind's self-destruction ensues from there.
I can't wait! This should be a great treat. I'm told not to expect a big sci-fi action sha-bang, but rather a very thought provoking sci-fi epic that challenges it audiences to look deeper at its metaphores. In any case, "Casshern" arrives on DVD shelves October 16, a week from today!

3 comments:

X7 said...

i'm sorry- i've seen, well, endured this film and it's way too pretentious for it's own good. they cut out a half hour and it would be a bit better, but not much. it just went on and on, and the characters were rather unlikable.

KAMEN RIDER THE FIRST or ULTRAMAN THE NEXT (damn, what stupid titles) are much better movies, without hitting you over the head with their "messages".

it is very pretty to look at, though, i'll give it that.

David

GMAN said...

Haha, David you strike me as the person who wouldn't like this. I've been waiting a long time for it though and it seems like something up my ally. I may not like it, but if I do I'll turn the other cheek for you. ;-)
By the by, I loved "Ultraman The Next" and what i've seen of "Ultraman Nexus." I need to finish that series...

X7 said...

i kept watching, hoping it would get better, but it never did- there are a total of three action scenes in the entire movie.

since the director shortened it by over a half hour, i bet i'd like this version more.

i didn't care for the Nexus series much, but i did like the movie.

David