This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, June 6, 2008

Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi Still Up For Spider-Man 4?

It seems there may be hope that Sam Raimi, director of all three "Spider-Man" films, and Tobey Maguire will return to spearhead another Spider-Man adventure.

Recently it was reported that J.K. Simmons, who plays Jonah Jameson in the films, said that Tobey Maguire would be "amenable to doing some more." Meanwhile, he himself would like to get the cast back together and make more of them. (Though he did note that if Raimi weren't involved in some way he might have to reconsider his options.) Regardless, it's nice to see some hope that Maguire would come back to the red and blue tights. It's equally exciting to hear Simmons wanting to return as well.

Meanwhile, Sam Raimi is really anticipating the finished script for the fourth movie from James Vanderbilt who recently wrote a treatment that calls for two movies to be filmed back-to-back. Raimi told SciFi Wire:

“I’m excited to read it. I’m hoping it’s as great as our discussions were about it and hoping it feels right for me, because I love Spider-Man, and I’m hoping I’m well-enough rested to, like, really embrace it and hoping that Sony wants me at that time to direct it. So if all those things come together, I would love, love to do it. But this is a lot of unknowns about the future.”

Funny. I recalled him being not to enthusiastic about doing a sequel not too long ago. And with a better screenwriter giving him the script (the guy who wrote "Zodiac" anyone?) how could he not love it? I hope this is a sign of good things to come, all the major players returning and another good Spider-Man adventure to see. Time will tell.

No comments: