This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Thursday, February 12, 2009

TRAILER - The People vs. George Lucas

I've had my eye on this for awhile. It's a documentary that dares to address the issues I, and many others, have had with George Lucas. It asks the question if he's a genius storyteller or just a genius marketer.

I make no secret that I have no love for the Star Wars prequels, and looking at how Lucas is milking things he's done before with that silly "Clone Wars" TV series and the prospect of a live action TV series, it makes one wonder: Is it worth telling anymore? Or is it just a toy commercial now?

It's a very interesting idea for a documentary-- Whether you like everything Star Wars or not, it's at least an interesting look into the line between making movies and making a billion dollar franchise. Here's the recently released trailer:

No comments: