This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Thursday, January 11, 2007

"LOST" meets "STAR TREK"




For those who don't know, J.J. Abrams, the mastermind behind "Lost" and the high-tension "Mission: Impossible III" is directing the next Star Trek movie. Yeah, I know... Good news since the last two Star Trek movies kind of blew and the last series "Enterprise" got cancelled.
Anyway, I'm a mild fan of Star Trek. I'm not a trekkie, but I enjoy my Star Trek fix now and then. Furthermore I've always wanted William Shatner to come back to the series as Capt. Kirk, especially after how awesome he's proved himself to be in "Boston Legal". Well, looks I'll get that wish. Seems like he might play "Old Kirk" in this prequel movie to the original Star Trek series. (Hinting that the movie may be told in a big flashback.)

----------------------

"I met with J.J., and they told me they would like me to be part of their film, but they have to write the role," Shatner said in an interview. "They need to figure out how to put the dead captain in with the young captain," he said. "It's a very complex, technical problem of how to write the character in, and I'm not sure how they will solve it." It sounds as if Shatner may play an older version of Kirk.

J.J. Abrams adds on about the movie: "On the one hand, for people who love Star Trek, the fix that they will get will be really satisfying. For people who've never seen it or know it vaguely, I think they will enjoy it equally, because the movie does not require you to know anything about Star Trek. I would actually prefer [that] people don't know the series, because I feel like they will come to it with an open mind."

----------------------

I love "Lost". I enjoy some "Trek". Abrams is the man. I'm there.

No comments: