This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Eckhart Talks Too Much "The Dark Knight"?

Aaron Eckhart, who was recently announced as Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face, spoke recently to MTV about his role.
"I am excited. Christopher Nolan is an amazing director! It's another movie that's a dream come true." Eckhart says that the depth of character in Harvey Dent matches the transformation that Bruce Wayne went through to becoem Batman.
In the comics, Two-Face is a Gotham City district attorny who becomes horribly scared by acid and is deformed. This ignites the uprise of long suppressed rage within Harvey and results as a split personality.
"Batman is a complex character, and Two-Face comes a little bit from the same world. But [at the same time] he's apart from it." says Eckhart, "I'm looking for the tension between the two, the similarities between the two. I want to find what's similar to Batman and then find what's opposite to him."
The question was asked, will Eckhart only be Harvey in "The Dark Knight" or will we see Two-Face at all, his answer:
"Yeah," Eckhart then paused, "Well, I'm Harvey Dent ... then I go into Harvey Two-Face."
And then there was the rumor that it will be The Joker that ends up deforming Harvey Dent, of course we this:
"I think I'll be killed [if I comment on that] — I'm not even sure I can say as much as I have,"
Indeed he would...

No comments: