This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, March 26, 2007

Michael Bay Flaps His Trap (Transformers)

Where as Kurt Russell is a respectable talent being a jerk, Bay is just a hack being exactly as you'd expect a hack to be. Bay decided to "update" people on his blog about post-production with "Transformers" and the backlash he's getting from critics and fans:

"Almost a 100 days left. I guess I should start posting every week? I've been working my ass off - the cut is really coming along -the shots ---awesome. Some of the most difficult renders in ILM history. Sometimes up to 38 hours per frame. The Show West thing was fun to see the scenes play in a 1000 person house. But they just saw 25 minutes so it is hard to feel engaged because they are not seeing the full run of a movie. Harry called me to tell me how he loved it. I see all the d**kwad talk back people who claim they have read a finished script. Impossible - I kept the only draft for the last two months before shooting. That's where did major retooling to the script - yes the scene beats are similar but a very different script. We are still writing the robot voices. They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right. This is by far the most action I have ever put into a movie - I have 12 huge set pieces. Boy I get tired of these lame cry babies on the net."

Ok, so the CGI is going to be good...great, we don't get enough CGI in film these days... Lines are still being written for the Autobots and Decepticons, so it's good to know they knew what they were doing ahead of time and that everything was planned out. Oh and those who form opinions are dickwads.
To be fair, I do believe him that the finished script has not been leaked on the net. People who say they've read the "leaked" script in advance are often given something very different once the film comes out. (The "Star Wars - Episode 3" leaks come to mind.) But like "Episode 3", that doesn't mean the finished script will be good either.

No comments: