This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Coen Brothers Return

Those who are fans of the Coen Brothers, known for "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" and "The Big Lebowski" fame, will be glad to hear that they are returning to make two films under Focus Features. The first is called "A Serious Man" which is reported to be a dark comedy. The second has yet to be announced. The Coen Brothers will both write and direct the films.
I can't say I'm an enormous fan of these guys, but I enjoy some of their movies. "The Big Lebowski" is their masterpiece , but "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" is a film I've always considered to be overrated trash. But they recovered with the funny "Intolerable Cruelty".
The next movie from the Coen Brothers before they begin work on "A Serious Man" will be "No Country For Old Men", due out this fall. I may or may not look in to it.

No comments: