This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, September 28, 2007

TRAILER - Ryuhei Kitamura's First American Film: Midnight Meat Train

One of my favorite, over-the-top directors is close to finishing his first American film-- A horror flick based on one of Clive Barker's short stories. The trailer has just been released.

Normally, I wouldn't think twice about not going to see a movie like this. It just doesn't look like something I'd enjoy or find scary. (Rumor has it, it's one of the goriest films ever made. While Kitamura has always had a fair share of gore in his films, it's always been over-the-top. Here's to hoping his lack of realism will take over-- Cause gore isn't scary... it's just gross.)
At the same time Clive Barker is a creative genius. His first two "Hellraiser" movies were actually a very good blend of fantasy and horror. Meanwhile, Kitamura brought me gems such as "Versus," "Alive," "Aragami" and others. I have yet to dislike a movie of his and he's enough to get my butt in the theaters to see this movie. "Midnight Meat Train" comes out 2008.

No comments: