This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Dragonball Z" Release Date and Casting

I'm a bit surprised as to how fast they're rushing this thing considering it's been in development hell for over five years. This is actually happening.
Goku and Piccolo have been cast for the upcoming live adaptation of "Dragonball Z."

First up is Justin Chatwin playing Goku. Chatwin is most known for his role in "The Invisible" and Tom Cruise's character's son in "War of the Worlds." He has begun training under the company 87Eleven. (responsible for the stunts in "The Matrix," "300," "Mr. & Mrs. Smith.")
I've always thought of Goku as a bit older, but seeing as they're starting from the beginning I guess it fits. Chatwin is the right age I suppose, and I can see him pulling off the juvinile aspect of Goku.

James Marsters, known best for his television roles, namely "Smallville," will be taking on the role of Piccolo. Piccolo will be the main antagonist of this film. Marsters looks spot on for the part. I can't fault the casting here.


Meanwhile, Stephen Chow ("Kung Fu Hustle") is the producer on the project. Figures, no? "Kung Fu Hustle" was the fatest homage to DBZ from the beginning.
The release date? Get this: August 15, 2008. They're rushing this thing out quite quickly. Hell, it could be huge. Fox seems excited about it. I'm going to continue crossing my fingers for this. I want it to be decent, despite my fears for it, but I'm excited regardless. Nostalgia is enough to get me cranked for this one.
Well see you there this August. Dragon, Dragon... Rock the Dragon...

1 comment:

X7 said...

Smallville? i think he's best known as Spike, from both Buffy and Angel series. he also does a dead on Daffy take for "Danger Duck" from the Loonatics cartoon (yes, i like it!).

David