This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Vanderbilt on Spider-Man 4

It isn't much, but it's noteworthy. For those of you who missed this post: http://gmanmovieblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/spider-man-4s-new-writing-talent.html, James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac") is the new writer for the Spider-Man franchise. Though no stars, director or release date has been set for the film, Vanderbilt has given fans an update on his progress in the midst of the writer's strike:

"I went in on that. I really loved the films. It's sort of an odd process because you're sitting down with the people who made the first three and going, 'Well let me tell you what to do.'" Vanderbilt said, "But I was lucky enough that they were interested in me and I'm a huge fan of those movies, so we closed that up right before the strike. Once the strike's over I get to go to work."

So it appears he at least has an idea of what he wants to do for the fourth Spider-Man. I'm a big fan of these films too. (Yes, even the third film you babies.) But the idea of "Zodiac's" writer giving the superhero a shot is very exciting. I hope whoever helms the movie does the script justice. It's unlikely to be Raimi seeing as he has other projects on his plate right now.

No comments: