This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Wolverine Cast Expands

Dominic Monaghan ("Lost," "Lord of the Rings") has joined the slowly becoming insane cast for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." He be playing the character Barnell Bohusk, a.k.a. "Beak." Along with him is Daniel Henney playing Agent Zero.

Suddenly my excitment for this movie is becoming fear. If I wanted "X-Men 4" I would like to have additions to the original cast rather than a total overhaul. As it stands (and I left out a character or two the last time I reported on this film) here's the cast of characters:

Hugh Jackman - Wolverine
Danny Huston - William Stryker
Liev Schreiber - Sabretooth (why not Tyler Mane?)
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Taylor Kitsch - Gambit
Dominic Monaghan - Beak
Daniel Henney - Agent Zero

And some others I didn't know about:

Will.I.Am - Kestrel
Lynn Collins - Silver Fox

And of course the rumored:

The Blob

Thick cast of characters for a "solo" X-Men character movie. I guess the real point of these "X-Men Origin" movies is really to fit in characters that weren't in the previous films without paying Patrick Stewart, Halle Barry and Ian McKellen the cost of four actors each. Not liking how this is looking.

No comments: