This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spider-Man 4 and 5 Filmed Together

Though this is yet to be confirmed, it's been a heated topic on the newsreel. "Spider-Man 4" writer James Vanderbilt has apparently written a story that can encompass two movies and makes it possible to film them both at the same time.

Why didn't they do this for "Spider-Man 3" and "4" instead of "4" and "5," is beyond me. I've always thought leaving audiences on a cliffhanger with Venom's birth would have been cool, but perhaps Sony and producer Avi Arad know better now.

No details about the story are available at this time and there's no word on whether or not Maguire and Dunst will return. I do know I have a lot of faith in Vanderbilt after "Zodiac," and I'm all for continuing the Spider-Man franchise. I doubt Raimi will return to direct, but as long as they find someone to maintain the colorful vision of "Spider-Man" I think it will be fine. More news as it comes.

No comments: