This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, October 27, 2008

Abrams' "Star Trek" Photos

Yeah, I'm a bit late with this, but it's too cool not to post. Several new photos from J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" reboot has been released. There's a lot of things that look familiar, and there are other things that are quite new. Take a look, and as always, click to enlarge:

The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise.


The new bridge.


Captain Kirk flees an Enterprise escape pod.


Commander Spock gets a tad emotional.

Sulu

Dr. McCoy

Eric Bana as the Romulan villain Nero


An older class starship, the U.S.S. Kelvin, on a very, very poor day of boldly going...


So far I love everything I've seen. The uniforms look fantastic, I can very much buy the character looks, and if the U.S.S. Kelvin is any factor, the Enterprise should look fabulous.

The bridge is clearly altered, but I rather like the update. It looks like something different. We've been force-fed such standard looking control stations in past films that this set really does feel like a breath of fresh air.

I've had a lot of faith in J.J. Abrams since this movie was announced, and I hope my faith and patience pays off. I like what I see. I hope this is the film to put the magic back in Star Trek.

No comments: