This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Revealed



And here it is. J.J. Abrams' update of the legendary starship Enterprise. I must admit I was a little taken back at how different it looked from the original series' version, but overall I'm okay with the update. Some of the alterations are a little bothersome. But I find it interesting how it's something of a cross between the original series design and the redesign seen in the first few movies.

I'm sure some fans will throw a fit at the alterations, but there is no mistaken what ship this is. It's basic. Not too fancy. And it certainly matches the "war room" bridge that was previously revealed.

I'm going to have to let it grow on me, but, more or less, I like the update. Click the image above to enlarge.

No comments: