This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Steve Carell Decides to "Get Smart" with The Rock.

While I've known the project was going to happen, I had no idea Carell was a part of it. The remake of "Get Smart", a 1960s TV show staring Don Adams, will be headed by director Peter Segal ("Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult", "Anger Managment", "The Longest Yard"). Carell will be playing Adams' character from the show, Agent Maxwell Smart. The plot revolves around Smart's bumbling attempts to stop the forces of KAOS and how his partner, Agent 99 (Anna Hathaway), endlessly bails him out of trouble. I can see no one better for this remake than Steve Carell. On top of that it's just been confirmed that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ("The Mummy Returns", "Doom") will be in this film as well. Why does the combination of Steve Carell and The Rock on screen at the same time already have me laughing? On top of that I loved "Anger Managment" from Segal, so the math adds up that I'll probably end up seeing this. "Get Smart" is going for a 2008 release.
Carell and The Rock. God that's funny.

No comments: