This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, October 19, 2007

Damon Might Be Re-"Bourne"?

During "Ocean's 13" buzz, Matt Damon was quoted saying that he was "done with the whole Bourne thing." But apparently he's having second thoughts. Here's a recent quote from the Bourne star, no pun intended:

"Personally, the character means a lot to me because the character has done so much for my career. You know, it put me in the position where I have a lot more choices of kind of movies I want to make. If Paul Greengrass (director of the previous two "Bourne" films), maybe years down the road, was interested in doing another one, then I would do it, too," he said. "I don't think either of us completely put the character to bed yet."

...My! I hope so! If the baton ever gets passed on to another actor to play Bourne, I hope it's simply because Damon has outgrown the role. I'd love to see him as Bourne yet again. There are two other books in the series that could easily be adapted to film and enough was left open at the end of "Ultimatum" to warrent a sequel. Perhaps...years down the road.

No comments: