This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, October 19, 2007

Raimi Wants Jackson for "Hobbit" & Works on Spidey 4

Cult director Sam Raimi was, and probably still is, considered to direct "The Hobbit." Supposedly it's still set for a 2009 release, but Raimi would perfere if Jackson directed:

"There's no better choice to direct 'The Hobbit' than Peter Jackson." said Raimi, "I'm a fan of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy and Peter Jackson's a brilliant filmmaker and he would be the guy I think everybody would love see direct it. And I hear [New Line and Jackson are] talking, too, from what I read in the trades, I don't really know first hand, hopefully he will direct it and give us his great version of it. If he doesn't direct it and decides to produce it, I'd love to be considered as the director."

Raimi is a classy guy for saying this. It seems like he realizes that Jackson would best suit the atmosphere already set by his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Meanwhile, Raimi is in the early stages of planning "Spider-Man 4."

"Right now, Sony is meeting with different writers to try and bring a fresh new story and approach to the 'Spider-Man' franchise, so I've been in meetings with Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, the producers, and Amy Pascal. Different writers have been coming in and spinning different tales of where 'Spider-Man' can go from here."

I love Raimi. "Evil Dead?" "Spider-Man?" He wants Jackson to direct "The Hobit?" Pin a medal on this guy.

No comments: