This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Thursday, October 18, 2007

This is the Crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise...

Incase you've missed, the casting of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek film has been blowing by and most of the crew members have been cast. Most fans are cringing at the long list of unknowns and young cast members, but frankly, what were they suppose to expect? This is something of a prequel as I recall and the crew is suppose to be a tad younger.
I've still got faith in this project. Afterall, who knew over half the cast members from "Lost?" As I recall, the cast won Best Ensemble and several cast members are constantly nominated and awarded for their acing on that show. Anyway, here's the current casting for "Star Trek," due November 2008.


Chris Pine as Captian James T. Kirk

I don't know how good of an actor he is, but I can see it.


Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard McCoy

Finally! Okay, so I don't see it at all, but I'm a fan of Urban. I hope he gets a chance to shine a bit more in this role. "Pathfinder" nearly killed his credibility.


Zachary Quinto as (Young) Spock

This was one of the first casting announcments along with Leonard Nemoy as "Old" Spock. Most fans are pleased with it and I can see it. I trust this choice a lot. The guy is known for his role in "Heroes."


Simon Pegg as Scotty

Again, I have to squint to see it, but I love Simon Pegg. He's an incredible talent, so I'm sure he'll pull it off beautifully. Can't wait to him in this role. Maybe we'll get a "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hott Fuzz" reference? Unlikely.


John Cho as Lt. Sulu

Pretty good choice. I have no idea who this guy is, but he looks the part.


Zoe Saldana as Uhura

This girl is probably well known among "Pirates of the Caribbean" fans. This is the young lady that told Jack he owed her a ship and slapped him for it. So we know that she atleast has the spunk for the iconic role of Uhura.


Anton Yelchin as Chekov

This one makes the least amount of sense to me. He doesn't look the part, he seems too young and I, again, don't know who he is. Anyway, lets see how he does.

Eric Bana as Nero
Apparently he's the villian of the film. Love Bana.

Leonard Nimoy as Old Spock
Nothing more needs to be said.

Well there you have it! The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701)! Goodluck to them and Abrams, I eagerly await next fall!

1 comment:

X7 said...

i'm still astounded they will fly in the face of the fans who know that everyone but Chekov was on the Enterprise before Kirk was, and Bones is NOT his contemporary, but more like a mentor.

i don't think this movie is a good idea at all, and won't go over well, since it will be compared (perhaps unfairly) to the show, and the actors that are now iconic.

just replacing them with new faces and pretty effects and screwing around with a timeline won't work.

David