This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, November 9, 2007

And More Trek Casting

I'm surprised at all the characters that are being thrown in to this, if just for the sake of cannon. A few new actresses have been added to the flock, including a rather confusing male choice for a character I'm surprised to hear about.
First up is Winona Ryder playing Amanda Grayson, the HUMAN mother of Spock. I stress human mother because according to canon...she is. Spock is part human, part vulcan. Lots of fans have been going insane because many sources have been calling Amanda the "vulcan mother of Spock." I'm pretty sure this is just an error on the sources' part. Why? Because I think the writers are going for something very canon strict-- And the next character is just that. Canon strict.

The girl in this photo is Jennifer Morrison. She will be playing Carol Marcus. "But GMAN, who is Carol Marcus?" Marcus was (or I guess...becomes) a leading scientist for the Federation. More importantly, she gave birth to Kirk's son. The couple seperated due to Marcus believing their lives were to dissimilar to continue a relationship. As far as I know the character was only seen in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." (My favorite of the Trek flicks.) In any case, her inclusion should be interesting.

This last one is confusing, surprising and...I don't know. Anyway, Chris Hemsworth will be playing a young George Samuel Kirk Sr. (I'm guessing for a flashback? The guy is young.) We'll see where they're going with that.

"But what about Chekhov? He wasn't on the Enterprise until later...blah...blah..." Well, Khan remembered him in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" even though he wasn't in the show. Perhaps he was on the Enterprise during that time? More later. I like what's been coming at me about this.

No comments: