This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Save The Dead Zone

I don't normally use the blog to post things about television, but this is a different case. And hell, it's my blog I can do what I want with it.
Anyway, one of my favorite shows faces cancellation. Not a surprise seeing as this season saw very poor ratings and the fate of it's sisters show, "The 4400," is said to be looking rather grim.
Honestly, I'm surprised it's lasted this long. I always said the show should have ended after season 3 A) Because it built up so much for a grand finale and B) I was afraid the quality wouldn't last and that the series might be cancelled if it kept going. A cancellation would hurt a lot of fans due to the fact that the story arc has yet to be resolved.
I hope for just one more season of the Dead Zone. Asking for any more would be unrealistic. And frankly, I don't want any more than one, final season. The show has run it's course and it's time to bid it farwell. But I, and its fans, should say goodbye in the right way.
Right now there's a petition going on at the Dead Zone forum to save the show. It may not be enough, but I'm spreading the word anyway-- Until I can find out more I can do. The link to the forum is below. Just sign up. Log in. Go to that thread and type "Save the Dead Zone" with your name and what country you live in.
Save the Dead Zone. It deserves a chance to finish its story off the right way.

http://forums.usanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=394703&st=0

Another thing that may help are letters. Send emails saying you want "The Dead Zone" on television. You can send emails here:
http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/

And if you're not aware of this show, pick up the first season for cheap and give it a go. Before "Lost," this show was pretty much the best thing on television. Great characters. Epic story. Strong writing and acting-- It deserves a proper end. Save The Dead Zone.

No comments: