This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Details in a "Body of Lies"

Awhile back I briefly mentioned that Ridley Scott would be doing a movie with DiCaprio called "Body of Lies," based on the novel by David Ignatius with the same title. (Original post here: http://gmanmovieblog.blogspot.com/2007/04/does-dicaprio-have-life.html) The film is about journalist Roger Ferris who is hired by the CIA to hunt down a leading member of Al Quaeda.

The film is said to also star Academy Award Winner Russell Crowe and is due in theaters Fall 2008.
I've got pretty high hopes for this one. Scott, as I've praised before, is one of the all-time greatest filmmakers out there right now. "American Gangster" is probably number two on my list of the best films of 2008. I understand no one can make a masterpiece every time they brush paint on a pallet, but this is looking very good.

No comments: