This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, February 4, 2008

Johnston Tames the Wolf... Man

Not too long ago I reported that director Mark Romanek had left "The Wolf Man" due to "creative differences." Well it seems that Universal has found someone who can work with the creative choices for the film. Joe Johnston ("The Rocketeer," "October Sky," "Jurassic Park III") has been hired to remake "The Wolf Man."

Obviously this was a last minute decision. While I enjoy Johnston, "Jurassic Park III" wasn't the strongest movie. But I am aware of the horrible production history of that film which hindered Johnston. Plus, "October Sky" was a rather powerful, overlooked film and I loved "The Rocketeer," if just for nostalgic reasons. (It's been awhile since I've seen the movie.)

Romanek simply sounded more promising, but Johnston doesn't have a horrible resume. It certainly doesn't seem as bad as handing the third X-Men film to Brett Ratner.

No comments: