This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Star Trek" Pushed Back - May 2009

Well this is certainly painful news for me. The highly anticipated "Star Trek" film directed by mastermind J.J. Abrams has been pushed back to May 2009. The decision is due to a major reshuffle in the Dreamworks and Paramount release schedule. They claim the movie will gain more profit in the summer season, rather than the winter.

Though I'm really looking forward to this movie, I think this is a smart move and I'm not talking finacially. The extra time seems necessary for a movie this huge. Plus it the movie gives Abrams time to reshoot things he wanted to write in during the writer's strike, but was unable too.

In the long run I think this is a good move, and if I have to wait a little longer to see an even better J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek," so be it!

No comments: