This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, August 8, 2008

Maximum Ride Finds a Movie Scribe

Looks like Sony/Columbia Pictures is finally moving forward with the "Maximum Ride" film. Screenwriter Don Payne has been hired to write the movie adaptation of the best selling book series. His writing credits include the unimpressive "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend."

As reported before, Avi Arad, producer of many Marvel super hero films, will produce with book series writer James Patterson taking over as Executive Producer.

Avi Arad and Don Payne? Sounds like a big hit or miss right now. I was not impressed with "Rise of the Silver Surfer" in the least bit and I attribute the writing to most of that. Hopefully this guy gets his act together and decides to pull a rabbit out of his hat. "Maximum Ride," as I've stated before, is my favorite book series. (With the exception of the last book...) I truly hope it is treated with care by whatever director gets the script.

Still no shooting or release date. I doubt there will be one until the script is finished.

No comments: