This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Will Wolverine Appear in "The Avengers"?

Comic Con is over and the news is slowing down rapidly, but that doesn't mean a few tidbits leak hear and there. MTV asked Hugh Jackman, who wasn't scheduled to appear at Comic Con, but came anyway, if he was interested in "The Avengers" movie Marvel has slated for a 2011 release. His answer:

"Any movie with Robert Downey Jr. I want to be in. I’m open to it. I love playing this guy [Wolverine]. The great thing about Wolverine is he’s still a fun character. He’s a tortured soul but he’s always got a quip. He’s always got a line. He’s like Dirty Harry and Mad Max. These aren’t nice guys but they get the job done. He marches to the beat of his own drummer. That’s why I love playing him.”

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine with Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man and Edward Norton's Hulk? Wow. Such a line up doesn't even need Captain America and Thor, but we all know we'll be getting them anyway. This is of course under rumor-control, but I'd like to see Jackman in "The Avengers." If Marvel was paying attention, I'd grab Jackman while he's still interested.

No comments: