This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Piranha 3-D" Delayed

I know. I know. You guys were so excited for the "Piranha" 3D remake next year. It's a tragedy, I know, but look on the bright side! This is an opportunity to make the script better, adjust pre-production for better story boarding... Oh wait. Wait. I'm on "Piranha" now, not Harry Potter.

While the film was due July, 2009, it has been reported that pre-production has not gone smoothly. The technology for the 3D visuals have held up the project and principle photography won't begin until Spring of 2009:

"There just wasn't enough time for pre-production to get it done in time," says one insider. "It's all about pre-production and trying to make it the best it can be."


I guess it's not going to be the "summer blockbuster" Alex Aja wanted it to be after all. Go figure?

No comments: