This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Sunday, March 1, 2009

More on "Cloverfield"

What is up with my random hiatus? I come, I go, I come, I go. I don't know. I'll just update when I feel like it.

In recent news J.J. Abrams spoke about the future of "Cloverfield."

"We're actually working on an idea right now. The key obviously at doing any kind of sequel, certainly this film included, is that it better not be a business decision. If you're going to do something, it should be because you're really inspired to do it. It doesn't really have to mean anything, doesn't mean it will work, but it means we did it because we cared, not because we thought we could get the bucks. We have an idea that we thought was pretty cool that we're playing with, which means there will be something that's connected to 'Cloverfield,' but I hope it happens sooner than later because the idea is pretty sweet."


"Connected" to "Cloverfield?" Well, that sounds slightly more original than saying 'sequel to "Cloverfield."' I'm glad Abrams wants this to happen because it seems like a cool idea vs. sequel = money. Which it does, but I trust Abrams' words behind the project.

Loved the first movie. I don't think it needs a sequel, but I'm not going to oppose one. Bring it.

No comments: