This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Saturday, July 25, 2009

TRAILER - Ong Bak 2

I've heard for a long time this was coming, but I had sense lost track of it. I loved Tony Jaa in the first "Ong Bak," and while I can't wait for a sequel I'm kind of disappointed it has no connection to the original. Tony Jaa plays Tieng, (in the first film his name was "Ting") a man born in to the royal family of Naresuan during the late 1500s. After his parents are murdered he goes through many trails and adventures to finally strike vengeance into his parents' murderers. I oversimplify, but if "Ong Bak" showed us anything it's that silly characters and badass fighter can make for one entertaining movie. While I don't get the vibe we'll see many comedic characters in this one, the action looks like its been ramped up to the next level.



"Ong Bak 2" gets a limited release in the States October 23rd.

No comments: