This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Thursday, April 5, 2007

George Lucas on Indy 4


Lucas spoke on the new Indiana Jones movie recently.

"He's not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film — it's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him. And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."

On getting Sean Connery to return as Indy's dad, Lucas responded, "We're still trying." And when asked about the casting of Cate Blanchett as the film's leading lady, "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director," Lucas said of Spielberg. "I approved it because she seemed like a good idea. When I met her at the Academy Awards, I told her, 'Hey, you work for me now!'"

Well that was more relevent information than I thought it would be. "Hey, you work for me now"? Please. She responds to Spielberg and Spielberg alone. Go command your Hasbro Star Wars toys Lucas. Lucas also has said he wants to keep the title of the new movie a secret until the trailer hits theaters this Thanksgiving.

Indiana Jones 4 hits theaters next year.

No comments: