This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, April 6, 2007

"Jurassic Park IV" is Defying Extinction

Laura Dern, who played Ellie Sattler in "Jurassic Park" and "Jurassic Park III", reported that the fourth film in the Jurassic Park series may finally be rolling.

Laura Dern recently got information from Steven Spielberg, "I'm told it's happening and I'm told they're calling me. I'm told that Ellie Sattler is involved in it."

When asked if she was interesting in returning to the series she responded, "it's hard to say no to [Spielberg] cause he's always got something totally genius up his sleeve so we'll see what they have in mind. But I don't know anything about it at this point."

Furthermore she stated they might start getting things rolling with this film for a 2008 release. I think that's a really, really big "might". I'd be surprised if we saw this movie in 2009. Oddly enough I'm not opposed to this. Spielberg said he wanted it to become a long running franchise. I think it'd be cool to have a fun, long running series like James Bond and Godzilla out of Jurassic Park. "Fun" is the reason these films are made, so why not? Dinosaurs terrorizing people sounds a lot more interesting than an "Underdog" movie; or another washed up marvel superhero to be made in to an unwatchable exercise of horrible filmmaking. Bring back T-Rex!

No comments: