This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Lethal Weapon 5" Waiting on Gibson?

You'd think after "The Passion of the Christ" Mel Gibson wouldn't be making movies like these anymore. In fact I recall him saying something along those lines when it first came out. Ah well. Despite all the flack he's received from the media I still like the guy. (I won't get in to things he has or has not said, but I will say I still like him-- If even just for his talent in both acting and directing.)

"Lethal Weapon 5" is on the plate and director Shane Black and Joel Silver are waiting on Gibson to okay the script Black has come up with.

The story sounds like a passing of the torch film with new NYPD officers coming in to play. All guesses point to Gibson's and Danny Glover's characters training the new kids.

Don't know what to think of this currently. I liked the earlier Lethal Weapon movies. The second was especially fantastic. After the fourth one, however, you gotta wonder why Glover and Gibson would do this? It's not like Gibson is in need of any money after "Apocalypto" and "The Passion." More when it comes.

No comments: