This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Evil Dead...4?

Not too long ago an "Evil Dead" remake was rumored to be in the works with Raimi simply producing. Like many internet fanboys, nerds and guys who have nothing better to do but forum-stalk, I thought this was a horrible idea. The Evil Dead Trilogy is a fantastic farce made by very young filmmakers that simply love to make movies and given to those same people. It was fun, hysterical and everything a cult film should be.

"Why a remake? Just make a sequel!" I cried. It took a few years, but my desperate scream must have finally reached Sam Raimi oh-so-many miles away. "Evil Dead 4" is now in the rumor mill. At the 2008 Comic Con Raimi revealed the possibilities of a fourth Evil Dead:

I love working with Bruce Campbell and he’s like Allison [Lohman, star of Raimi’s Drag Me To Hell]. He’s super willing to do anything to make it right. He’s a very funny guy, but mostly he’s got this quality where he will physically do anything to get the shot done right, so I would love to work with Bruce again because I’d love to test those limits. I’d love to make another Evil Dead picture. And actually that’s in the wheelhouse. I’d like to work on it with my brother Ivan [Raimi] when he comes up next week.“

I think my preverbal, fanboy, love for chainsaw wielding zombie killers water just broke. More as this comes. But what would you rather have? Raimi doing Spidey 4/5 or Evil Dead 4?

No comments: