This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, September 22, 2008

25 3-Dimensional "Potter" Minutes

The gimmick continues. If I recall correctly the fifth Harry Potter film's final battle was in 3D on the Imax-- So I'm not sure why I didn't see this coming.

Twenty-five minutes of the next Harry Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," will be in 3D only on the Imax. What scene will be in 3D? It's anyone's guess.

For those who enjoyed the 3D in the previous movie will no doubt enjoy it again. Myself? I thought the last Harry Potter movie was one of the best of the lot-- It was certainly my favorite film of the series, but I was never tempted to see it in Imax. The 3D gimmick is simply too much of a turnoff for me. I would rather directors and studios focus on utilizing the Imax camera like Nolan did with "The Dark Knight."

It's very effective and simply mind-blowing. I've never been in so much awe of camera angles, and the lighting of a shot, like I was when Batman flew around a building in Shanghai on the full Imax screen. Imagine how cool it would look see Harry Potter zoom around on his Nimbus 2000 in full Imax!

I say less 3D. More screen. Harry Potter returns July 17, 2009.

No comments: