This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Monday, September 22, 2008

Is "Predator 3" In Schwarzenegger's Future?

Well it looks like the AvP franchise is dead. According to 20th Century Fox Producer John Davis, "we've logically done what we could've done with the two AvP movies. But I think there's something to go back to with Predator."


Oh? What's this? Davis continues:

"Well, the Governor [Arnold Schwarzenegger] has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn't run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he’d like to do a movie or two again. And I don't know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise."

That sounds like a lot of "ifs," but it's worth crossing your fingers for. The AvP movies were an enjoyable, albeit, unhealthy, dose of guilty pleasures for me. Though they were very poorly made, so I can understand the extreme hatred these movies get from fans and critics alike.

However, I always felt the Alien and Predator franchises had a lot of fuel left on their own. I think there's plenty of sequel room for both franchises. The problem is simply Fox. The studio seems to enjoy releasing only the crappiest of blockbuster material and has lost sight of any talent or art that can be implemented in to these films. If Schwarzenegger is up for another Predator movie, I hope Fox has realized that making a "good" movie does work to draw a crowd. ("The Dark Knight" anyone?)

No comments: