This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I Am Legend" Prequel Lifting Off

We saw the warning signs. It looks like the "I Am Legend" prequel is finally gaining speed and a follow up is guaranteed.

Director Francis Lawrence returns with Will Smith in a story that will take place between "I Am Legend's" flashbacks and its present events.

I've stated many times before that I view "I Am Legend" as a mediocre movie. Admittedly, I never thought about the days right after the previous film's flashbacks as its own story. For some reason the idea of watching Robert Neville dodge the growing zombie population and watch a city's worth of people die is very appealing. It could add a whole new psychological level to the story-- Or it could be a misfire like the first one. I'll have my eye on this one.

No comments: