This Blog Has Been Glanced at This Many Times:

Friday, March 14, 2008

Metal Gear Solid Gets a Writer?

This is still uncertain, but it seems that the Metal Gear Solid movie is starting to become closer to reality. At the premiere for "21," Producer Michael De Luca dropped some hints that Kurt Wimmer (director and writer of "Equilibrium") will be handling the writing for a live action adaptation of "Metal Gear Solid."

Apparently, awhile back, when "Equilibrium" came out, video game fans were clamoring for Wimmer to both write and direct a movie based on some video game. That wish may come true. Producer De Luca will have a meeting with Wimmer in a few weeks about writing the script. No word on who's directing or if it will be Wimmer.

Now while "Equilibrium" is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I like Wimmer enough for that alone, I want to direct everyone's attention to the "but..." in the room. Does anyone remember "Ultraviolet?" Yeah, well, Kurt Wimmer did that too. 'Nuff said. If Wimmer writes I'm sure the script will be just fine, but if he does end up directing I hope the talent he displayed for "Equilibrium" comes back in full force, as the "Metal Gear Solid" is easily my favorite video game series. I can already here the outrage from this series' enormous fan base if this movies sucks.

No comments: